“The greatest threat to our planet is the belief that someone else will save it.” – Robert Swan
The time has come when we should set out our priorities not just for ourselves, for family or for society, but also for the environment. Our nature has its own way of rejuvenating itself… Till the moment we humans were living and consuming the resources that mother earth has given us, like any other species of this planet, everything was fine. With eventual growth and competitive urge among humans to develop at a faster pace, we ended up having a planet with scourging barren land, melting glaciers, depleting forest covers, and extinction of species.
We cannot turn back time. But we can take corrective measures to restore our planet through various mitigating measures like growing trees, greening our cities, rewilding our gardens, changing our vehicles, changing our diet and cleaning up rivers and beaches, because if we do not take up this responsibility then who else? We are the generation that can make peace with nature, if we overlook this opportunity then there is a possibility of having a barren planet with NO future generation!
Let’s get active, not anxious. Let’s be bold, not timid.
With this EnKing International supports the objectives of United Nations Decade on Ecosystem Restoration (2021-2030) which challenges everyone to massively scale up restoration efforts that can breathe new life into our degraded ecosystems.
Restoring our planet’s imperiled ecosystems intrinsically connects us with a chance of having a healthier future. We will work together to bring life back to our scarred ecosystems through extensive and pro-active restoration – rebuilding degraded areas to improve habitat for wildlife, protect our soils and watersheds, support economic resiliency, and help in confronting climate change in a better way.
Objectives of the Decade for Ecosystem Restoration:
- Showcase successful government-led and private initiatives to halt ecosystem degradation, restore those ecosystems that have already been degraded;
- Enhance knowledge exchange on what works and why (policy, economics and biophysical aspects), and how to implement restoration at scale;
- Connect initiatives working in the same landscape, region, or topic, to increase efficiency and impact;
- Create links between ecosystem restoration opportunities and initiatives with businesses interested in building a robust portfolio of sustainable production and impact investment; and
- Bring a broader spectrum of actors on board, especially from sectors that are not traditionally involved, by demonstrating the importance of ecosystem restoration to conservation as well as generation of social and economic benefits.
We strongly believe it is not a responsibility of an individual but a holistic responsibility towards which this entire generation is accountable. With this we extend our hands for support by means of our strategic sustainable services. For more information contact our experts at firstname.lastname@example.org.