The World Bank
About World Bank
The World Bank is a vital source of financial and technical assistance to developing countries around the world. It is not a bank in the ordinary sense but a unique partnership to reduce poverty and support development. The World Bank Group comprises five institutions managed by their member countries. It provides assistance in 5 major areas, Finance, Projects and operations, Annual reports, Corprate Responsibility, Annual meetings. Established in 1944, the World Bank Group is headquartered in Washington, D.C. We have more than 10,000 employees in more than 120 offices worldwide.
- Carbon footprint assessment for Innovate4Climate event organised by World Bank in June’2019.
- Innovate4Climate is the preeminent global event on climate finance, climate investment and climate markets. It is a platform that brings together business, finance, policy and technology leaders to accelerate action on financing climate-smart development.
- In 2019, I4C it focused on green finance, clean cooling, battery storage, climate-smart urban design, Asian climate markets and much more.
1. Assessment of carbon footprint – Accurate calculation of the carbon emissions by understanding the motive for calculation of emission and identifying different sources of emission (scope 1,2,3)
2. Reporting the emission to different stakeholders (customers, employees, suppliers, board, etc)
3. Recommending different actions and best practices in carbon management to ultimately become carbon neutral.
- We at EnKing International first identified and understood the motive behind the carbon emission calculation which is very important to determine how and what to measure.
- Identified emission from different scopes (scope 1, 2,3) along with taking in various factors like number of attendees, length of the time event ran, energy used like electricity, heating oil etc.
- Covered all aspects of the event like attendee travel, organizer travel, waste etc. to ensure accurate calculation.
- Measured and found out the estimated carbon emission, accurately and transparently reported the amount of carbon emission the event created.
- Developed a detailed inventory of the emissions and defined actions to be taken to reduce emissions.